Austin vehicle owners have chosen Sun Auto Tire & Service to keep their cars and trucks in good condition and on the road since 1987. Your local Lamb’s Tire store has everything you need, from basic services such as brake repair, car battery replacement, and oil changes, to more complex mechanical work such as car AC repair and transmission repair. Come grow with us!
Looking for Managers in North Austin & South Austin!
The Store Manager is responsible for the overall store performance both financial and operational by establishing and maintaining guest services, overseeing and is accountable for the operation of their store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through expense control, human resource management, and managing operating costs and shrink.
Pay: $55,000 - $65,000 Base Pay Plus Bonus
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,000 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1st of the Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family Vehicles
- Opportunity for Advancement!!!
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Sets expectations and communicates regularly with employees on job responsibilities, goals, training, development and overall customer service. Holds employees accountable for job responsibilities, training and goals by coaching or counseling employees toward desired behaviors.
- Ensures compliance with all policies and procedures of the Company by conducting regular meetings with employees, store audits, etc.
- In partnership with HR, recruits, interviews and hires new employees as business dictates.
- Conducts performance evaluations for all employees at regular intervals.
- Analyzes and measures business trends; develops and implements plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed Sales and Profit targets as provided in the Store Margin Statement. Shares financial targets and results with all employees during store meetings.
- Reviews invoices and other daily reports to identify opportunities for growing the business.
- Maintains proper controls over the Company’s physical and financial assets. Follows standard closing procedures including timely deposit of checks and cash.
- Ensures the cleanliness of the store – both front and back, at all times.
- Maintains “Best in class” housekeeping and merchandising standards to ensure the comfort of customers. Conducts regular inspections of equipment; requests maintenance, as necessary.
- Ensures that all purchased, but not used parts are returned timely to vendor and credits received and forwarded to Accounting.
- Two or more years of experience in management or equivalent business experience in the automotive industry.
- Previous experience in managing and coaching team members to success through effective communication.
- Proven ability to develop and meet monthly, quarterly and annual plans with clearly defined goals for their individual store.
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and exceeding sales and profit goals.
- Previous experience as an Automotive Technician or similar position preferred, but not required.
- Possess valid Texas driver’s license, or obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 30 days of hire date.
- Possess current or expired State Inspector License or ability to obtain a State Inspector license within 30 days of hire date.
- Ability to work a minimum of five days, including weekends.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
The Store Manager will be exposed to moderate to loud noises, dust, exhaust fumes, lubricants, petroleum products, vapors, caustic materials and other hazardous and non-hazardous materials. The temperature in the work environment varies and could include extreme heat and/or extreme cold depending on the ambient temperatures outside.
The Store Manager must be able to meet the following physical requirements:
- Stand up to eight hours per day and able to walk to gain access to various areas of the building
- Bend, stoop, kneel and crouch regularly throughout the day; must have full range of motion with arms and hands and be able to feel, handle or finger objects frequently
- Lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Hear and speak
- Vision sufficient to detect color, depth, and re-focus
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.