Sun Auto Tire & Service operates multiple locations across Texas and is expanding! We offer complete quality automotive repair and preventative maintenance. Our ASE certified technicians will be happy to help you on a wide range of services including alignments, brake repair, oil changes, batteries, shocks and struts, belts and hoses, and air conditioning.
The Automotive Technician ensures that repairs are performed correctly and efficiently by qualified technicians and that the service department maintains a consistently high level of customer satisfaction. They are also responsible for effectively and efficiently diagnosing and repairing customer vehicles while adhering to the MAP guidelines and in accordance with dealership, manufacturers, and Sun Auto Tire & Service standards.
Pay: $24.00 - $45.00 flag rate
- Competitive Bi-Weekly Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement, up to $3,00 annually
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (Effective 1st of the Month after Hire)
- Life Insurance (Company paid)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Discounted Services on Personal and Immediate Family Vehicles
- Opportunity for Advancement!!!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses vehicles according to the appropriate level of certifications/experience.
- Performs complex and heavy-duty repairs.
- Performs work as outlined on the Multi-point Inspection and/or Repair Order with efficiency and accuracy.
- Explains technical diagnosis and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include the Store Manager, Service Consultants and/or customers.
- Recommends services that are necessary to keep the customer’s vehicle in running condition; properly documents all recommendations in customer file.
- Follows all safety procedures and reports any concerns to the Shop Foreman or Store Manager.
- Maintains appropriate ASE certifications and renewals of expiring certifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prefer unexpired ASE or equivalent experience or training
- Possess valid driver’s license, or obtain a valid driver’s license within 30 days of hire date
- Possess State Inspector License or ability to obtain a State Inspector license within 30 days of hire date
- Ability to work a minimum of five days, including Saturdays
Sun Auto Tire & Service provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.